Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End WordPress Problem – Comments Template – Page Shift

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    SamOrf

I am pretty new to all things web design. Thanks to this site I have gone from zero code knowledge to designing my very first site.

For reference. My Site is http://www.samorf.com

As for my problem it has to do with the comments template and single pages shifting to the right when there is a comment box. I am using the basic comment template that was in the starkers theme. The problem happens in firefox and sarfari but seems to be ok in IE7. If I remove these 2 lines from the comment template it doesnt shift the page but it obviously takes out the comment box and submit button.

<textarea name="comment" id="comment" cols="60%" rows="10" tabindex="4"></textarea>
    <input name="submit" type="submit" id="submit" tabindex="5" value="Submit Comment" />

I have tried to delete certain parts of these lines. I have tried to style the ids with a margin and width. I just don’t know whats causing the entire page to shift over slightly.

Please let me know if you need anymore info and thanks for your help!
    Sam

SamOrf

It had something to do with the length of the index page. I created several test posts to increase the height of the main column and this fixed the problem. I read somewhere it had to do with the scroll bar.

I am still unsure how this happened but I guess it will be a problem until I get more actual posts.

SamOrf

Very helpful. Thank you much.

Sam

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.