Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS WordPress – Posts Page

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    MikeC

Hi Guys!

This is my first post but I have been a regular visitor to the website and forums for a while now!
    I have read a lot of useful things that have really helped, so thanks!

However I can’t seem to find an answer to my current problem, here’s the scenario:

I am making a wordpress website for a client. After seeing Chris’ last video(WordPress as a CMS) and how he created new template pages I realised that was just what I needed so immediately implemented that.

I now have:
    Home Page – home.php
    Regular Pages – index.php
    Posts Page – blog.php

All the pages have the correct template assigned to them so that they display properly, BUT in the admin section under ‘Settings > Reading’ I have set the home page to the correct static page, and the posts page to my blog page.

It seems that the admin section is overriding my template files, and assigning the home template to the blog, rather than the blog template, or even the default template.

What I want to do is have it use the template I have set it to use.
    Any ideas?

If this post is in the wrong place I apologise, nowhere else seemed fiting though :?
    And if anything I have said doesn’t make sense let me know and I will try to clarify.

Thanks!
    Mike

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.