Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other WordPress Plugins

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Ive been using textpattern as my cms of choice but im now playing with wordpress once again. i hated setting up the navigation the way i wanted it but now theres a NAVT plugin that does it for me which is sweet. so now that im building my site on wordpress i was wondering. whats plugins does everybody use on their personal stuff or sites that theyve built before.

the only one i have installed right now is navt but im sure i’ll be using quite a few more soon.

thanks guys!

koewnet

If you’re going to use WordPress, then at least install the All in One SEO Pack. It’ll do alot of work for you and enhance each page specifically.

Another one, which I consider a must, is the Akismet plugin. If you’re after good usability, then you’d want to remove any CAPTCHA-field in your forms. Akismet will help you out with that. Only requirement is that you register an account at wordpress.com. You don’t have to use it after registration.

Donna

I haven’t done a whole lot with wordpress but I have a request to implement a newsletter feature and it seems that wordpress would be a simple solution for this. I like what is offered on this site where you can subscribe to receive feeds through email. Then you get a blog, archive, and newsletter all in one!

I notice that this site uses feedburner. Is feedburner needed to do this email subscription? I started looked through the wordpress plugins and there are so many that it is overwhelming.

Any advice whether or not a newsletter plugin is needed or do you get everything you need as part of the basic wordpress?

Sorry if these are dumb questions — I haven’t used feedburner and I’ve only installed wordpress on my PC but haven’t dug into it yet. Thanks for any help you can give.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.