Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other WordPress plug in out of date 2 years, want to update

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    RobbG
    Participant

I have been looking for a address book plug in for a project I am doing and can’t find one that fits my needs. I came across a wordpress address book plug in, which is out of date by 2 yrs and it appears the original author has dropped off the face of the earth, his last post on wordpress post is over 2 years old. I was thinking of using that as my base to build my address book so I would not start from square one. I was wondering if that was allowed in the wordpress community, it has not been maintained and the base code would be a good starting point, since I have never developed a plug in before.

chrisburton
    Participant

Have you tried contacting the original developer?

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

Just because a plugin is two years old doesn’t necessarily mean it’s bad. I use quite a few super old plugins here on CSS-Tricks.

Also, yes, you don’t even have to ask if you want to use it as a base for your own, since it’s GPL. Although I guess common courtesy would suggest that you do ask.

RobbG
    Participant

I used the web address in the plug in and the website it went too, has not been updated for over a year, I left a message in the reply comments, but have not heard anything. I don’t think it is bad, that is why I think it would make a good base for what I am looking for.
    Thanks for the answers.

RobbG
    Participant

Unless you happen to know of a address book, that you can create custom fields where you can link the field to a entry in the address book?
    Thanks in advance,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.