Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other WordPress Perfomance Caching plugin

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    notfilc

Just wandering what peoples recommendations are for client use cache plugins (low maintenance basically) and if you have any set up or configuration tips/link to good articles.

Paulie_D

Frankly, I have no idea what “client use cache plugins” are but perhaps you could explain further especially to what use they will be put.

notfilc

I mean a cache plugin that is low maintenance, so “set and forget” and something stable so I don’t have to deal with a lot of support requests.

Paulie_D

I’m sorry, perhaps it’s me!

What is this cache supposed to hold and what will you do with the data?

notfilc

It’s just to speed the site up – there’s lots available for wordpress:

http://digwp.com/2011/05/best-caching-plugin-wordpress/

but the best speed-wise isn’t always going to be the most user friendly, so I’m just trying to get some insight in to which caching plugin people are using on client sites, if any at all.

Paulie_D

Ah…so it’s for Site Performance….that wasn’t clear from your description.

I couldn’t figure out what Client Use had to do with it.

So it’s Site Performance Cache Plug-in that has an easy intuitive client interface.

Over to the WP experts

notfilc

Thanks ChrisP, did you use a tutorial or anything for setting it up? Does it ever mess up or require much of your time to fix problems with it?

mlangley

I’m also using W3 Total Cache on most projects. There isn’t much to it after setting up, just make sure the client knows how to empty cache if some changes are made and they don’t see them show up. Also when updating and installing plugins, you need to empty the cache.

When setting up, I just follow the instructions provided – minimizing and caching whatever possible. I’ve also used a CDN with it on my site and it speeds things up significantly.

notfilc

So it doesn’t automatically clear the cache when new items are added?

mlangley

New items will usually show up with no issues. It’s more when you change something that already exists – like editing a post or changing some CSS, you might have to clear the cache to see the updates.

notfilc

Awesome thanks – maybe I’ll give it a test on one of my sites and see how I get on with it first. I had been using quickcache which is pretty good but no longer maintained.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.