Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

WordPress Multisite Question

• # November 18, 2011 at 11:36 am

I was hoping someone with some experience with the multisite functionality in WP could help me understand if this is possible.

What I might be looking at is a project where there are 2 separate sites but under one umbrella. And what they want to do is duplicate content, such as a post, so that it shows up on both sites once it’s published.

As far as I know, there is no intention of giving control to one site or the other to “turn off” any particular posts, so it would just be as straight forward as creating a post and having it show up on two separate sites.

Do WP multi-sites talk across the multiple blogs like that?

# November 18, 2011 at 2:35 pm

It’s been a while since I’ve done it but you can certainly do that. I can’t remember whether the multisite installation comes with the option to publish a post across all sites or whether I used a plugin, but it is possible.

# November 18, 2011 at 4:01 pm

Awesome! Thanks Johnnyb.

For some reason, these guys had a system built for just a ridiculous amount of money that has like 3 stages of pushing content finally to the site. I’ve been trying to figure out why it’s so damned complex and I think they just didn’t know how else to do it so they build this custom web app for it.

# November 18, 2011 at 5:27 pm

FYI anyone who also needed this functionality, the plugin is here: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/multipost-mu/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".