Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other WordPress – Multiple photo galleries on a single page separated by categories

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Tylerpope

I am currently working on a website for a tattoo shop. My client wants a gallery page where each artists name will be displayed, basically like a pagination. Each time you select a new artist it switches to their gallery on the same page. I’m a little stumped on how to do this. I made a pen just to show what it would look like essentially.

Check out this Pen!

apart
    Participant

Something i was also wondering how to do.

Hope someone here has an answer

Tylerpope

I’ve tried searching for a plugin but can’t seem to come up with anything. No ideas?

Alen
    Participant

The easiest way to accomplish this without using any kind of AJAX is to create a page that displays list of artists. Then clicking on an individual artists would load another page where that particular artist is featured. But on the individual views create some sort of secondary menu so that user can quickly navigate between different artists without having to click back button.

This approach is also SEO friendly. Each artist is represented by unique API so:

example.dev/artists (would list all artists)
    example.dev/artists/jane-doe _or_
    example.dev/jane-doe (individual view for Jane Doe)

Hope that helps
    Alen

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.