Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS wordpress meltdown–random code displayed instead of site?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    oliverojm

i was messing around with a couple of plugins last night on my wordpress, and apparently something got screwy.

when i go to my page, i get this"

".ddmcl { width: 200px; float: left; padding-right: 20px; } .ddmcl ul { margin: 10px 0 10px 0; padding: 0; list-style: none; text-indent: 0; } .ddmcl li { margin: 0 0 2px 0; padding: 0; } .ddmcl p.sep { font-size: 1.2em; color: #808080; font-weight: bold; } .ddmcl p.sep:hover { cursor: pointer; }"

i also encounter the same thing when i try to visit my wpadmin login…

the site is (was?) oliverartist.com

any ideas?

thanks for any help,
    oliver

apostrophe
    Participant

Disable the plugins you were playing with. If you can’t log in to your admin then delete them via ftp.

AshtonSanders
    Participant

Wow,

That’s impressive.

What plugins were you fiddling with?

I would recommend deleting the plugins from your plugin directory on your remote server, or if you know how to just disable them through your SQL database, do that.

Were you messing with anything else? Index.php? Theme files?

Edit: and this has nothing to do with CSS, so I’d have an admin move it to the PHP forum…

oliverojm

thanks for the reply.

i thought the same thing, so i went and deleted the recently added plugins. still no luck. i dont know why i’d be locked out of my admin login as well.

any other thoughts?

thanks
    oliver

oliverojm

thanks ashton for moving this to the appropriate spot. i’d rather not delete all my plugins and have to reset them. is there an easy way to disable them? if i must delete them, i will. i’d rather have the site work!

oliverojm

ah ha! went into sql and disabled plugins. resigned in, activated the right ones and tada! it all works.

thanks so much for all the help!

cheers
    oliver

AshtonSanders
    Participant
    "oliverojm" wrote:
    ah ha! went into sql and disabled plugins.

Excellent. Good work. I’m glad that handled it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.