Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End WordPress Media Library Organization

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    nickwinters
    Participant

Does anyone know if there’s a way to organize your media library in wordpress. From what I can tell there’s no way to create folders of any kind. All my media is just sort of in one big space and becoming quite cumbersome. Is there a plugin of some sort that would allow me to manually organize my library?

Sorry if this is a basic question, new to WordPress.

slufter
    Participant

I’ve been struggling to find a good Media Library organization plug-in myself.

So far the best options I’ve come across are:

NextGEN Gallery by photocrati

Media File Manager by aueda

NextGEN has you create ‘galleries’ to organize your images. NextGEN is also used to display galleries on your site, and it adds some styling, which in my opinion can be really annoying when all you want to do is organize.

Media File Manager allows you to create sub-folders in your upload folder. You can move files to newly created sub-folders with this plug-in, although it is a bit slow sometimes. The biggest issue with this plug-in is that you CAN’T choose a sub-folder to upload your files into. You have to upload first to the normal Media Library upload folder, THEN you can use this plugin to move the image files into your newly created sub-folders. This plug-in is a step in the right direction, but still pretty annoying.

If anyone else has any ideas, please share!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.