Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other WordPress mass image insert to post?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    mikes02
    Participant

Is there any way at all to do a mass image insert into a post? I am doing a blog for a photographer and most posts are 15+ images which become very annoying to insert one at a time, I am surprised WordPress has not integrated a batch option at this point, but does anyone have a solution to this, I am trying to think of ways to make this easy on the client so that adding images isn’t so time consuming (and annoying).

mikes02
    Participant

Hard coding a gallery into the bottom of each post page hasn’t been a viable option either because I am using custom fields on the posts for banner images and a home page featured image which would not be included within the gallery, but by default WordPress adds all images from the post into the gallery and as far as I know you can’t exclude images from custom fields.

TheDoc

Don’t insert them into the post itself. Instead, loop through the attachments of the post.

mikes02
    Participant

In theory that works, but that would still attach images from the custom fields that I don’t want to be a part of the loop and I can’t think of any way to exclude those images. I am using custom fields to add a custom header image and a custom featured image to each post, if I looped through all attachments it would grab those and attach them as well and I don’t want those included in the post photos. Hope that makes sense.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.