Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End WordPress Login Page

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    mkhululi

I tried the solution on this http://www.kriesi.at/archives/admin-login-on-your-front-page for a site I am working on. Here is a scenario :

• I want to have a login page for my site which is based on wordpress. Users are not suppose to see anything on the site unless they are logged on. So,[/*:m]
    • I put all the code inside my header file and inside the IF condition I have put the form just like in your demo. All users must be logged on to see the site. See snippet below…[/*:m]
    • My ELSE part will be my entire page. The contents of the header file – menus and the whatnot, everything inside the wrapper and footer. I close the ELSE brace at the end of the footer[/*:m][/list:u].
      Problem: I am getting an error when I close the brace for the ELSE part of the IF statement.

Here is a small snippet:

Code:
      if (condition){
      ///form goes here
      }else {
      //rest of the header file
      //wrapper opens here and closes at the end of the index file
      } // this is done at the end of the footer. But i get an error.

What am I missing?

What is the error that you are getting? The code snippet itself looks ok.

mkhululi

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

I get the error when closing the brace for the ELSE part of the IF statement:

[Fri Aug 07 13:56:50 2009] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Parse error: parse error in C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\…\header.php on line 77, referer: http://localhost/test/.

I tried the following:
    I closed the ELSE statement at the start of footer.php – the error then I tried at the end of the index file just before <?php get_footer();?>. And I get the error again.

Now, just so that I can test what I am doing I closed the brace just before the wrapper <div> – this is inside the header file.

just out of curiosity – am not a php or wordpress guru – is it possible to close code block – {//code block} in a different file?

Yes, it is possible to close the code block in a different file. Are you sure you don’t have an extra closing } in one of your files? That may cause the error, which means that what you think is the closing } on the if statement is actually unnecessary.

mkhululi

I guess that is my project for the weekend…. Going through the function calls in wordpress…

Thanks gain.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.