Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other WORDPRESS individual posts are now gone after upgrading.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Preeminent
    Participant

I just upgraded a client’s wordpress blog to the newest version, 3.1 via the automatic update feature. Now all individual posts are gone! On the home page, you can see all the titles, links, and images to the posts, but when you actually click on the titles to read more, we get a 404 NOT FOUND error. Is this a database issue? Does it need to be upgraded as well? It’s hosted on 1and1 It can be viewed at fgrassonetwork.com How can I avoid this in the future? His is so new, it’s not that big of a deal, but I would hate to lose all the posts on my own blog because of this!

davidlab.be
    Participant

On behalf of http://www.dre.im

Log in to wp-admin and go to permalinks, click save (this should refresh your permalinks). Check to see if this fixes your permalinks. If not, set to default.
    Disable your plugins to remove them out of the equation.
    Log into your server via sFTP/SSH/FTP and find your .htaccess file. It should be located in the root of your WordPress install.
    Pull the htaccess file down so that you have a local back up. Once you’ve pulled it down, go ahead and delete it from your server.
    Go back to wp-admin and visit your permalinks page. try enabling custom permalinks.
    This should remedy the issue and you can go ahead and reenable your plugins.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.