Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS WordPress image through Dashboard

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    nathan2012

Hey guys have a question, hopefully someone here can help. I have a CSS site I am modifying into a WordPress theme. I have created the pages and added in the markup through code view in dashboard. However the images are not appearing. I have tried using tags and the hook to replace the path of the img src. But no joy, any ideas?

Thanks in advance

nathan2012

That’s supposed to be code tags.. Sorry

chrisburton
    Participant
    nathan2012

Yep that’s the exact php hook I’ve been using. But the image doesn’t appear. Just the border that goes around it.

chrisburton
    Participant

@nathan2012 Except you have a space between blog and info and you’re also using ‘directory’ which I don’t think is accurate. I forgot to echo that out also, so try this

Edit: If you’re adding this inside the HTML editor in the backend, it’s not going to work as WordPress doesn’t support this.

nathan2012

Okay yes sorry that was just me typing from memory on my iPhone. Yes I have been using the wordpress HTML editor. What is the method to add images then as I have different images for each page?

Thanks

chrisburton
    Participant

@nathan2012 I’m not sure how you constructed your page or what the images are for. I would need more information.

nathan2012

They are just images I have added to show a product. I want to add a lightbox type gallery plug in but that will come later. Just a basic img and a class to float it left at present. each page has at least two images which will be clicked on to make them larger. I just want to know how I go about showing images on each page when the images are different for each page so I can’t put them in my themes shared header. Hope that makes sense lol.

Thanks again Christopher

nathan2012

Not sure if it makes much difference but my images are stored in my theme directory

chrisburton
    Participant

@nathan2012 How many products are we talking about? Wouldn’t it be easier to use Big Cartel or something using a plugin?

nathan2012

Yeah it seems a bit more than what I’m looking for though. I have the site the way I want it and don’t want to get into too many plug ins and code of I can help it. Just thought there would be a way within WordPress to simply insert images. My design is pretty much finished and functional apart from the images :-/

Thanks

chrisburton
    Participant

@nathan2012 I think an attachments plugin would be perfect for this if you have an unlimited amount of products.

Here is what I’m using that allows me to upload images and set them as attachments

From there I just add a simple php loop in my theme that spits out the images.

For me, I have a strict reason why I need that plugin. As for you, I don’t understand why you can’t just insert the images into the HTML editor?

nathan2012

When you say HTML editor do you mean within the dashboard or Dreamweaver/Coda? Some I have tried in the with no joy..

test

test2

nathan2012

Sorry about that meant to put line break in

nathan2012

Perhaps do I need to add media in through the Media browser to be able to access the image files? Just seems like it cant find the files and I get a place-holder

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.