Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End [WordPress] Image slider admin options

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    lukewilde

Is there any way to exclude the image in a post without using the_excerpt, as i am using the timthumb script to crop the images and if i add that to the post page it shows 2 of the images, so id like to disable the original from showing. I dont know how this is really going to work because if the images are too small the slider looks bad, i still think adding it into the admin panel is the best and easiest for someone, it is slowly just getting me frustrated :(

noahgelman
    Participant

If it’s showing the original and the cropped (which is what I think im gathering from your post) then there might be a conflict between your image cropping script and your slider script. Do you have a link to the site? If worse comes to worse, can you remove the cropping script and do it manually?

lukewilde

well the getImage function is just getting the image from the post and just cropping it, so i kind of knew it would make a second copy of it, so i wanted to stop the image the_content function is putting out so only the cropped one is actually shown. Seen people say to change content to excerpt but i want to keep the text editing functions so thats not really an option i dont think.

site link is http://www.lsw-design.com/tf/darkgreen

So if anyone know how to disable the image that would be a big help, or even better suggest how to add the slider options into my admin panel.

lukewilde

Anyone have any ideas? Really want to get this done :(

noahgelman
    Participant

why do you need to crop it in the first place? the slider should hide the img overflow if its too big by default. cropping it before putting it in seems like an extra step. you just need to make sure your images are the same width.

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

If I was using a multi-page JavaScript slider on a WordPress site, I think what I’d do is have the homepage build the slider from a custom loop with query_posts(). Inside the loop, I’d make whatever calls needed to build the needed HTML, link up images, etc.

As far as uploading images, just use the WordPress built-in file manager. The images are then associated with the post and you can access them in the loop. Or what I do a lot of times is save the file path as a custom field and access it that way.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.