Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End WordPress image size issue for a slider

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    LinCSS25
    Participant

So I purchased a WP theme that has a slider and you add images to the slider by uploading them throup WP back end under the slider control area. you set it as a featured image and it goes in the slider. Anyway. I want the image to be 600 px high.. when I upload it and comfirm for it to stay its original size it says the right size. 1946w x 600px … but once I look at it on the site its only 550 px wide. Even when I look in firebug. sure enough something has changed it and forced it to be 1950 by 600. the 1950 is fine but I need it to be 600. Here are 2 images of what Im talking about. Ive searched the files to the best of my knowledge. CSS and PHP or js stuff to see if I can change something. I changed one thing and it did nothing. Can someone please help?
    33oktqt.jpg
    zva7mr.jpg

eristic
    Participant

What is the name of the slider you’re using?

LinCSS25
    Participant

I don’t know it was built into a template I bought

Caleb

Could you give a link to the blog? Maybe I can tell what it is doing.

LinCSS25
    Participant

Um shoot its not live… I could make it live temporarily so you can look. would you be looking right now?

LinCSS25
    Participant

oh I think the slider is called Flex slider…

Caleb

I have used flex slider before. It is a responsive slider. It is most likely setting the width of the image to 100% with CSS. This will make the image as wide as the slider.

LinCSS25
    Participant

Its the height I am having issue with.. its not showing 50 pixels total from the top and bottom and if you look at my image links above Im seeing in fire bug its blatently forcing the image ( at its largest original size.. to be only 550 tall when I need it to be 600

LinCSS25
    Participant

So strange.. so I just discovered.. when it saves a version of that image I upload its actually cropping it! LIke when I look at the image online by right clicking on it. it is cropped at 550 tall when I had uploaded it at 600! how is it doing that and why…

LinCSS25
    Participant

Thanks everyone. ChrisP that was it! I had already found that and changed the numbers.. but I didnt realize I needed to reupload the image etc. the strange thing is I didnt find a $crop… but it was forcing it to that specific size and I guess still cropping it. so once i changed those numbers to the add_image_size for the slider and reuploaded my full size images all was good. Thanks so much guys! I really appreciate it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.