Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript WordPress: Filter posts by category and append them to Isotope container

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I have a portfolio page with a loop that shows all posts from the “Portfolio” category.

Within this category I have three more categories, Illustration, Branding, and Web.

I want to be able to filter the posts depending on which category is selected.

I’m trying this:

< div id="filter-category">
    < a class="button" href="#" data-filter="*" class="current">Show All
    < a class="button" href="#" data-filter=".category-illustration" class="current">Illustration
    < a class="button" href="#" data-filter=".category-branding" class="current">Branding
    < a class="button" href="#" data-filter=".category-web" class="current">Web Design
    < /div>

And this later down to append the selection to the grid:

$(‘#filter-category a’).click(function(){
    var $selector = $(this).attr(‘data-filter’);
    $container.isotope({ filter: $selector });
    return false;
    });

This works, but since all it’s basically doing is showing/hiding what’s already on the page, it pays no attention to the pagination (a “load more” button using Infinite Scroll). For example, if I click on the “branding” category and there isn’t anything from that category on the first page, nothing shows up until “load more” is clicked. So I need to be able to filter ALL the posts, no matter what page they’re on. I’m thinking I’ll have to do this with some sort of AJAX.

Ideas?

Anyone?

christill

Hey,

Did you manage to sort this? I’m having the same problem. It’s driving me crazy!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.