Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other [WORDPRESS] Featured images does not link to single page

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    luchid
    Participant

Hi, I am trying to build my portfolio and I need to put over Featured Images some text but when the text is displayed, the featured images does not link to single page anymore. Please, is there a way to fix this?Thank you very much!

Paulie_D

We’d need to see it in action. The PHP is of no use to us.

We need the HTML & CSS…could you put the output into a reduced case in codepen?

However, what I think you are after is: `pointer-events:none`

http://robertnyman.com/2010/03/22/css-pointer-events-to-allow-clicks-on-underlying-elements/

luchid
    Participant

Hello, I replaced the code in my discussion. Sorry about that.

Paulie_D

That’s way too much to wade through, hence the request for a Codepen.

luchid
    Participant

Thank you very much, Paulie_D, it works now with pointer-events:none. This is great!

Thanks again!

luchid
    Participant

Hello, this is my code.
    I understand that the click does not work in WordPress because of the overlay I used but I have small experience in coding and I do not know how to change the code to make the click work. Thank you very much!

My Portfolio

chrisburton
    Participant

Might this be caused by absolute positioning? Try setting a z-index.

Although, adding the above code in codepen, it seems to be linking.

luchid
    Participant

Thank you, I will try it.
    The problem is when transferring the code into WordPress. I need to use Featured Images and because the overlay the image does not link anymore to single post.

chrisburton
    Participant

Well, it would be best if you posted exactly what WordPress outputs instead of changing the href to have a `#` value. If that’s what you’re getting, your PHP is the cause. Otherwise setting a z-index sounds like the answer here but post back with your findings, including the code WordPress is outputting.

luchid
    Participant

In order to allow click under the overlay, I added a class to the image link and gave this style:
    > .image link {display: block; width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute; top: 0; left: 0; text-indent: -9999px; }

Also, to the image itself and to the .work figure:hover dl I added display: block.
    Though I think I complicated myself, it works.
    Thanks for helping me figure out.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.