Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other WordPress: Diff. bg for comments made by registered users

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Chasew
    Participant

I’m wondering if there is a way to have a different background for comments of all registered users. I know that there are ways to achieve special comments from emails and user IDs, but both are fakable, and to my knowledge, both of these methods require you manually adding each new user to the list.

Or based on user role, that would work too. Editor, author, admin etc… I read a comment from someone saying they’ve done that, but didnt remember how. And in that case, I’d just have all the roles set to one style that is different from guests…

The best I can find is this: http://nettuts.com/tutorials/wordpress/ … wordpress/ But thats the email version. And then someone in the comments of that article mentions doing it through user ID.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Chasew
    Participant

Thanks for the response! Yes, I am using 2.7

I dont really know what that means, but it sounds to me like its possible to do this. I’m no expert with CSS, and not even a novice with php. But I can normally figure things out/learn a thing or two by editing the hell out of something that already exists (what I’m trying to do here)… Thats how I’ve learned most of what I know.

Do you think you could point me a bit further in the right direction? Or a post on your site if you really know how to do it. I’m customizing a bought theme and made a post about this on their support website, and some other people seemed interested (along with that nettuts article) So theres obviously some demand for it. I would have thought it would be a standard feature in WP, at least for authors.

I’m also a bit worried about the problems threaded comments may cause, as far as making the threads look different as well…

Anyway, if you have any further advise, that would be extremely appreciated.

Thanks!

Chasew
    Participant

Well, I got it working. (sort of)

Never in a million years would I have thought it was as simple as adding a .byuser class to the CSS.

I found this post with some more information http://cdharrison.com/2008/12/threaded-comments/

Now its just a matter of fine tuning things…

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.