Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other WordPress: Creating a drop-down menu of .pdf files

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ccc630

Is there a way, in WordPress, to build a drop-down menu for all available .pdf files uploaded to the Media Library? I use the Document Links widget to create sidebar lists of .pdf’s, but my client would like a dropdown menu of said files as part of a horizontal top nav bar. You’d hover over “Forms”, for example, and a list of all available .pdf’s would drop down. Not sure how to run a loop for .pdf’s. Any ideas?

TheDoc

Hmmmm… you could run a loop for attachments. Create a page called PDFs, hide that page from navigation, attach all of your PDFs to that page, and run a loop through all attachments on that page.

That seems more complicated than it needs to be, there might be something more simple. Some sort of plugin.

Brightonmike

Couldn’t you just get the URL of all the forms and manually link to them? I think although a dynamic solution would be nice, you’ll probably spend more time doing that then it’d have taken you to just add them manually to a drop down….

ccc630

Doc — I thought the same thing: there must be some sort of plugin available; just haven’t found it yet. I’ll definitely keep your solution in mind if I can’t find anything (and probably pick your brain for specifics on how to build that particular loop as well :).

Brightonmike: I thought about doing that, but the client will be adding to the list as time goes on, and I don’t want to have to manually add links each time (or trust the client to do so! :)

Thanks to both for your help!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.