Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End WordPress comments doomed :-(

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mokael

Hey,

Im developing my own wp theme, actually almost finished dev. it, and cant seem to make the darn comments to work.

My problem is that, when a user tries to submit a comment, a error page is received 500: ERROR: please fill the required fields (name, email).
    If i log in with my user/pass and submit a comment, it magically works.
    If I disable from the dashboard ‘Comment author must fill out name and e-mail‘, comments are submited, but only the comment text, and not the author name, or email, and the same goes for notifications. It seems like the author and email are not being passed through.
    I tried using <?php comments_template(); ?> tag, without any comments.php present, and it still wont work; copy/pasted comments.php and twentyeleven_comment() from functions.php from twentyeleven theme and nothing, same error.

I’m sure its a theme related problem, because if I revert back to twentyeleven theme, comments work properly, every input fileds gets submitted.

Also tried:

• wp reinstall
    • deactivate all plugin/reactivate/even removed all
    • checked the dashboard to enable/disable comments in settings, and in every post settings

Any idea would be kindly appreciated ,
    Thanks!

mokael

No ideas anyone?
    -_-‘

mokael

Thanks for the suggestion cybershot , I was going to use a framework if I didn’t manage to solve this issue.
    However, after spending some hours looking for code missing commas :), I FINALLY managed to figure it out.

The problem was in header.php, where i was calling for a global.js with some custom jq functions of my own. After commenting out that line, comments worked like charm; I renamed the file to another name, and no more problems with comments what so ever.

Maybe wordpress uses another file with the same name, or simply doesn’t like the name, I frankly don’t know.

Thanks again!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.