Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End WordPress – Client Section

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Nathan Adams
    Participant

Does anyone know an easy, and clean, way of implementing client only sections on a WordPress site?

In this case, imagine their are two pages. I want to set up a bunch of logins for some clients to access only page one, a bunch of logins to access only page two, and some logins that can access both. (The rest of the pages on the site would be completely visible to the public).

Is that something that can be implemented quite cleanly (so far I’ve only found plugins like Role Scoper – which is quite messy), or am I better off looking at Expression Engine for a requirement like this?

Cheers,
    Nathan

cybershot
    Participant

wordpress has the ability to password protect pages, why not just put a password on them and give out those passwords to whoever you want to have them?

Nathan Adams
    Participant

I’d like to be able to give each client their own login – rather than a (or two) universal password(s).

I can recommend User Access Manager plugin for WordPress.

It is fairly straightforward to setup, let’s you create groups of users and grant access to posts/pages/categories/comments based on group membership.

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/use … s-manager/

AshKendall
    Participant

Wow. That’s good timing.

I was coming here to ask this question almost word for word. Thanks for the suggestions, guys!

netxm

I did the following:
    -set visibility to password protected in section where you click "publish" and use advanced category excluder plugin to hide the page. It worked for me… 8-)

Nathan Adams
    Participant

I ended up going with User Access Manager, thanks davesgonebananas.

In addition, I used Members to set up some additional Roles (basically just duplicates of Subscriber). I then assigned these different roles to certain pages using UAM. That way, the client can just select the appropriate Role when adding a new user, and they’re done. (which is far easier than letting them loose with all of UAM’s settings).

I then used Sidebar Login to add login and logout fields to the site layout.

Cheers!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.