Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other WordPress cache problem

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    XaviJr
    Participant

This is a weird one..

I changed my website for a new server and since then I’ve made multiple changes on it.
    Now I tried to change this specific file, header.php, and the code is changed (I already confirmed that with the server guys) but it appear an old version of it on the browser (any browser, any computer).

The code to get this file is: include(“header.php”)

The strange thing is that if I change this to include(“wp-content/themes/mytheme/header.php”) it the recent version appears.

Any idea of what is happening or solutions? Thanks in advance.

chrisburton
    Participant

Do you have 2 header files?

XaviJr
    Participant

Nope. I already scan all the directories looking for that and removed other themes leaving only the active one.

chrisburton
    Participant

Are you using a caching service?

notfilc

This normally happens when using a caching plugin such as w3 total cache. Delete the plugin manually.

XaviJr
    Participant

I solved the problem. It wasn’t any cache problem. I deleted all cache plugins and tried private browsing in Firefox so I could confirm that.

The problem was that someone made a backup of header.php.. in the root.
    So when I was calling include(“header.php”) inside my theme folder wordpress was calling the one in the root and not the one in the theme folder.

Thank you for your help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.