Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS WordPress blog to site

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    LinCSS25
    Participant

So I dunno if Im totally missing something or what. I want a WP blog for my site but I dont think I want to build my whole site with Word press… is this possible? Can I simply plug my wordpress blog into my site? If I cannot I also have a blogger blog, can I plug it into my site?
    I basically want a blog link/page that just as the whole blog, and then maybe in my footer of the main page have a section that shows the 3 or 4 most recent posts.

Can anyone help me?

Malice

Wordpress is a great blogging tool and I’m really trying to use them more on my sites.

I also have dreamwaver CS3 (I can’t bring myself to upgrade to CS4 yet)…. and I actually prefer to use a text editor now that I’m getting the hang of coding. My new favorite is a freebee called the Programmers NotePad.
    Fast, easy and CHEAP!

http://www.pnotepad.org/

I mentioned this in another post but something that really helped me learn WordPress more is finding programming videos. It made me do a 180 on how I do websites and it gives me a little insight into what other "real" programmers do. I’ve learned more by watching other people do it than any class I have taken or book I’ve read.

Malice
    "LinCSS25" wrote:
    another question.. I use Dreamweaver to write my HTMP and CSS.. can I do this with WordPress. If so how. Im so lost!

Somehow I missed the second part to this question.

If your using WordPress as a blog with an existing theme, you wont need any of your coding tools anymore. It’s already done for you. If you intend to make your own themes for wordpress you can use any code generating tools you want because all you are effectively doing when creating a theme is writing the HTML and CSS code as you normally would but plugging the WordPress "hooks" in the code to call particular functions such as the latest posts, comments and widgets. I have been a diehard Dreamweaver user until I watched some very helpful coding tutorials that used only a text editor like the programmers notepad.

I think what I should do is try to gather a collection of tutorials I have seen regarding WordPress that have helped me a great deal, the video tutorials by Jeffery Way being the most helpful.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.