Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

WordPress admin lag?

• # November 19, 2011 at 6:54 am

Yesterday i moved my website to media temple. After the move i’m having 2 problems:

1. There is a lag in the dashboard when i edit a post, page or try to drag & drop widgets.
    2. I’m using WP-DB Manager to backup my database & i’m having problem to connect it to the right MYSQL & MYSQL dump.

for the 1st problem i tried disabling all the plugins & changing the theme but nothing seems to have any effect. So it’ll be nice if anyone can help me with those. Thanks.

# November 20, 2011 at 4:40 pm

To test out the lag, try creating a new database and create a fresh install of WordPress and just see if out of the box it’s slow. If it is, then you should contact MT. If it isn’t slow, then there is something going on with your current install – perhaps the migration didn’t go very smoothly.

# November 25, 2011 at 4:43 am

Ok, So in case the migration didn’t go smoothly what should i do or how can i debug?

# November 25, 2011 at 11:52 am

If you’ve already tried disabling all plugins I don’t really know what to tell you.

# December 29, 2011 at 6:23 am

After updating to the latest WordPress version 3.3 everything is working now.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".