Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other [WordPress] Add PAGE to Admin Menu – Like Taxonomy

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Chasew
    Participant

The title of this thread is vague, but I’m not sure how to phrase it…

I’d like to have a “page” show up in the admin menu, similar to a Taxonomy.

ie. I have a page named “About”. But rather than have the user select “Pages” and edit the page through there, I’d like this page to show up as it’s own option within the admin menu, just as a Taxonomy would. And when the user selects “About”, rather than get a list of posts/pages (like you would with a Taxonomy) instead they’re taken directly to the edit page for “About” (no sub pages within About once clicked).

I’m sure there’s plugins for this, it’s obviously a CMS thing. But I’d also expect there’s a way to do it myself! though I’m not sure exactly what this would be called to search for it… Everything I look for keeps taking me to adding actual admin “pages” like under appearance and such with custom options… I already have a PAGE. I just want it to be displayed top-level in the menu.

I’ve found add_menu_page but I believe that may always force a sub page? And I wouldn’t know how to connect that with the edit-page that already exists…

Any help would be great, thanks!

TheDoc

Hmmmm, I don’t think I’ve heard of this before. I think you’d have to edit the core files to manually put it in there yourself. I can’t imagine there being a plugin that does this already.

Chasew
    Participant

Hey, thanks for the response.

Hmmm. I did a quick search through the plugins and while I wasn’t able to find exactly what I’m looking for, I did find a few CMS plugins that list pages within the page drop down. So they’re still playing with the links to the pages, but it’s all second level.

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/page-management-dropdown/screenshots/

I suppose I’ll give that a try for now. It’s the next best thing.

I guess I’m oversimplifying this. Or perhaps looking at it from the wrong angle… Rather than worry about pages that already exist and try to shuffle links around – Maybe a plugin would be needed that adds a page on the front end, and then the administration page for the plugin displays top level and is simply to edit that page.

Ah well…. Food for thought for later times… Thanks again!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.