Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Word Spacing different in FF PC and FF Mac

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    guirigales

Hello all

Im having a problem with word spacing, mainly with Firefox. On mac the text spacing is fine but I had to put a word spacing of -2px to achieve the same affect in Firefox on a PC. Now the word spacing on mac looks too close!

Why is this, is there a way to solve this?

Cheers

TheDoc

Fonts are always going to look different cross-browser. Even more so when you’ve got different operating systems involved. The best you can hope for is "close".

guirigales
    "TheDoc" wrote:
    Fonts are always going to look different cross-browser. Even more so when you’ve got different operating systems involved. The best you can hope for is "close".

I realise that there is always a difference between browsers, but this is the same browser, just different operating systems.

On mac the words are now basically all crushed together while on PC they stretch over to the next line (with out more negative word spacing).

Jerm993
    "TheDoc" wrote:

I think what the doc ment is there really isn’t a way to control cross OS issues, just get it as close as you can where say the mac looks good and either just forget pc, I dont think anyone will know the difference unless they use both mac and pc, or comprimise between the two.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.