Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Woo Theme experience? editing a top navigation bar and adding a gradient background

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    appletwoc
    Participant

I am looking into purchasing a wootheme, but since their woo playground is down, I haven’t found a way to stumble through the various bits of coding knowledge I am learning. Woo themes say they are highly cutomisable, but I wasn’t able to edit any code in their code playground

So anyways, I was hoping someone might be able to point me in the direction of a tutorial that shows me how to implement a gradient background. When I look at the code from colorzilla, I have no idea what it is doing, where it should go (in the head I assume) or how it impacts other elements on the page.

Second, I was trying to figure out how to edit the menu bar that is so commonly seen with most wordpress themes, and the “canvas” theme specifically. What I would really like to be able to do here is add letterpress text effect on rollover. The way they have it set up, it appears you can only edit the text color and style. I assume once you buy, it unlocks the coding possibilities.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for the novel.

I should mention I am a coding tyro, and am slowly working my way through some general code academy courses. Any other places for learning CSS would also be of help!

thanks!

apple two c

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.