Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Woo Commerce Link Colour

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Sue

Can anyone help me? I pretty new to WordPress and have very limited knowledge of coding – practically none if I’m honest. I’m using the Canvas theme from Woo, along with the WooCommerce plug in. I’ve spent ages choosing colours for my site to match my logo etc, but when I started added products, all the WooCommerce links are blue! How do I change them? I’ve enabled WooCommerce CSS in Settings and changed the colours there, but it’s not made any difference – and none of them were blue anyway! The blue links look really bad with my other colours and I’d really like to change them. I would be very grateful if anyone could tell me how to do it. Thanks in advance.

If you use firefox or chrome, right click on the link and inspect element. You can then use the code inspector to see what line in what css file is applying the color you don’t want.

I recommend not directly editing the woo commerce css and instead setting up overrides in your own style.css as if you were to update woocommerce, it would wipe out your changes. You should be fine to just re-upload your css file with the changes after that, but, if they modified the css in anyway, you’ll lose those edits. Just an FYI.

Sue

Hi Will. Thanks for this. I’ve never used the inspect element before and I’m struggling a bit. I’ve right clicked over the link. A series of tabs have appeared along the bottom but I’m afraid I don’t know what they mean. And a list has appeared on the right hand side of my screen, listing lots of style elements, in which I can find the rgb recipe for the colour I don’t want. But I’m not sure what to do next. How do see the file I need to change? Also, I can’t find style.css in my directory. Sorry. My only defence is that I’m new to this!

TheDoc

If you share a link to your site, we should be able to help you a little more specifically.

TonyIsSocial
    Participant

Can I pick up where this left off? I’m kind of in the same situation.

On this page: http://www.dtechmachining.com/shop/

I’d like to change the color of the hyperlinks so they appear better against the black background, or change the background.

Any suggestions?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.