Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Windows equivalent of codekit

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    nixnerd
    Participant

Good Mac users are just linux users who haven’t found the courage to grow out their beards yet

I feel like such a stereotype.

Dustin
    Participant

It’s an immature comment. I use Mac myself; use what works best for you.

__
    Participant

It’s an immature comment. I use Mac myself; use what works best for you.

@Arcturus I meant it as a good-natured jab at chrisburton (and I actually had joe_temp in the back of my mind, too). I’m sorry if I caused you any offense.

nixnerd
    Participant

No offense here. I think @chrisburton will understand too. I’m just laughing because I run Arch Linux and my beard is on Duck Dynasty mode right now… well, maybe not that big :)

nixnerd
    Participant

To address the OP… I originally wanted what you want. Something LIKE Codekit but for Linux. I did find Koala but now… I don’t think I’ll be using it. I’m looking at the Codekit site right now reviewing the features…

After HEAVILY tweaking my system to fit my needs, there’s not one feature I need and don’t have. I’m really happy with my setup. Just use Linux and tweak the hell out of it.

Alen
    Participant

Here’s quick intro to Gulp if anyone is interested: http://youtu.be/6Jhgkp67GxI

__
    Participant

No offense here. I think @chrisburton will understand too.

Oh, I was sure you guys wouldn’t have been offended. Wouldn’t have posted it at all if I’d thought there was any question. But you’re not the only ones reading.

I’m just laughing because I run Arch Linux and my beard is on Duck Dynasty mode right now… well, maybe not that big :)

As for my beard, every couple months I set the goal of trimming it at least once a week.

nixnerd
    Participant

Oh, I was sure you guys wouldn’t have been offended. Wouldn’t have posted it at all if I’d thought there was any question.

Oh I know. I just want to let the offended party that there is no need to be on our behalf.

As for my beard, every couple months I set the goal of trimming it at least once a week.

I literally haven’t shaved in probably 3 months. I probably won’t until Summer. Maybe not even then. I’d like to set a personal best.

nixnerd
    Participant

@Alen: Thanks for posting that. I’ll probably come looking for it in 2 months.

At this point in my own workflow evolution… I ABSOLUTELY cannot add anything else. I’ve got it humming along pretty nicely. However, when I reach the next limit threshold, I might want to think about adding something like Gulp.

Dustin
    Participant

@Arcturus I meant it as a good-natured jab at chrisburton (and I actually had joe_temp in the back of my mind, too). I’m sorry if I caused you any offense.

No, not at all. I was probably out of context and misunderstood. However, I might agree that from my own personal experience and preferences, Windows doesn’t work best for me; and it’s also my opinion that I think OS X is a lot better OS. But I also have Windows 8 on another partition — I just use it as a backup and for testing. Linux is awesome. All of those things are interesting to me and I think it would be great to see Chrome OS go all the way.

chrisburton
    Participant

What are we talking about now?

nixnerd
    Participant

What are we talking about now?

I guess beards.

chrisburton
    Participant

If I tried to grow out a beard it would look something like this

__
    Participant

uhhhh…llright

nixnerd
    Participant

Ha ha ha. That awesome.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.