Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Windows equivalent of codekit

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    halleycarleton
    Participant

Does anyone have any recommendations for a windows equivalent of code kit?

I’m looking for something that offers style injection, sass/compass support, and minification. JSHint and frameworks would be nice to have also. Anything on top of that would just be a bonus.

I already tried mixture.io but couldn’t get style injection to work.

Thanks in advance!

Dustin
    Participant

Have you tried Prepros?

https://css-tricks.com/prepros/

Paulie_D

Prepros is the bees knees.

halleycarleton
    Participant

Thanks! I’ll give it a shot.

halleycarleton
    Participant

Well, it’s been a week so I just wanted to go ahead and post an update. Prepros has been exactly what I needed. It hasn’t given me any issues. It is now a full time member of my workflow.

Thanks for the recommendations!

chrisburton
    Participant

I like Compass.app much better than Prepos on Windows. Whenever I used Prepos my computer would lag out.

Senff
    Participant

@chrisburton, I’m surprised. I used to be a big fan of Compass.app, but after I tried Prepros, I decided it worked just as great, if not better. Definitely no lag issues there.

Have not actually tried the live-reload functionality, though…just the pre-processing parts.

halleycarleton
    Participant

I just started using Prepros a little over a week ago. I love it. No lagging issues for me either. I do use the live-reload/css-injection feature.

chrisburton
    Participant

It could have just been my computer. Glad I got rid of it and switched to a Macbook Pro.

Senff
    Participant

I was all rooting for you until…

Glad I got rid of it and switched to a Macbook Pro.

;)

carltonstith
    Participant

I’m using Windows too and have been looking for a Windows equivalent to CodeKit. This forum has really helped me. I think I’ll give Prepos a try.

__
    Participant

Glad I got rid of it and switched to a Macbook Pro.

Good Mac users are just linux users who haven’t found the courage to grow out their beards yet

chrisburton
    Participant

I reported the lag issue soon after the author published a post about it here in the forum. Maybe he fixed it?

dyr
    Participant

As an alternative more configurable option, you can run Grunt or Gulp on Windows and either will do what Codekit does but both require a lot more configuration. Check them out, task runners are amazing! Think all the automation of Codekit and a lot more!

halleycarleton
    Participant

I switched to gulp from prepros a few weeks ago and like it a lot better. It did take a little longer to get set up, but the ability to run everything from one spot is nice.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.