Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

Why some blog suggest not to use fancy CSS3 selectors

• # September 26, 2008 at 6:55 am

is use of css3 selector can be harmful? i ‘ve read this on some web designer’s blog.

why web gurus suggest not to use fancy CSS3 selectors while we can use easily some selector with IE7.js?

# September 26, 2008 at 9:45 am

I think you SHOULD use them any chance you get, but ONLY for things that will visually enhance the page for visitors using more modern browsers. That is, they aren’t REQUIRED for the page to look correct in older browsers. This is the theory of "progressive enhancement" / "graceful degradation"

# September 26, 2008 at 10:45 am

bur with the help of IE7.js we can use CSS3 Selector on older browser ? is there any othe issue?

box
    # September 26, 2008 at 1:54 pm

Many CSS3 features are poorly supported in most browsers because CSS3 itself is still in working draft, so its not known which feature-set will make up the final version – so your chosen implementation might be completely unsupported in the near future. Feel free to use CSS3 properties but be warned that their interpretation by browsers’ may change over time.

# September 26, 2008 at 2:03 pm

thx box u always reply my question thx. do u run any web design Training School. u r so clear and focused.

box
    # September 28, 2008 at 8:05 pm

Thanks for the kind comment! No, I don’t run any web design classes – but am in the process of producing a series of online web design tutorials. This is a personal project that I am running in my spare time, so I don’t know when I’ll actually get around to publishing anything.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".