Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS WHOIS Protection necessary?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Rugg
    Participant

Is the WHOIS domain protection offered by hosting companies truly necessary – or is is just like the warranties gadget salesmen attempt to stiff you with?

chrisburton
    Participant

I would say no but this really depends on the type of information you want to keep private. You can still contact most private domain holders.

chrisburton
    Participant

That’s what I’ve done in the past. But there are some services that keep ALL information private, even payments when registering the domain.

SSchnitzler

I would always go for the WHOIS-Protection because its not that expencive at most hosting companies but it increases your privacy by alot.

Anonymous
    Inactive

If you register your domains as you, not a company with a private business office, then your home address and phone number will be available to anyone who does a who-is search. Perhaps you don’t care about that information being private, it’s your call.

Personally, I do think who-is privacy is important. That’s why I use hover.com to register my domains, privacy is included with no extra charge.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.