Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

Which TFT LCD is best for web design work ?

• # July 12, 2009 at 2:19 am

I’ve facing some color differences between CRT and LCD. colors in LCD are more brighter. We can’t see very light drop shadow in LCD. but LCD is light on electricity bill and needed less space so now i want to replace my CRT to LCD.

I want to know from web design experts :

1. Is bigger in size( TFT LCD monitor) is better for web design? i mean 24" or 21" would be always better than 18.5" screensize?
    2. Monitors are coming in two type Wide-screen or Normal , which is better?
    3.any recommendation for particular TFT LCD of any company for web design work

# July 12, 2009 at 6:01 am

1: personal preferrence here, most people think bigger is better, but I code for 1024×768 on a 17" monitor.

2: again personal, if you have a widescreen, and you design for it, you may make other users of your sites not see the full detail, how many people round the world looking at your sites have a 22"widescreen

3 Not really just have a look around the net and do some ground work, look for makes & models that have won awards if your really fussy, but generally your wallet will dictate what you buy

# July 12, 2009 at 6:10 am

I use a 1280 x 800 which by sure coincidence just fits a 1000px wide photoshop window and tools in the same screen. Thus this makes designing the majority of my sites easier.

# July 12, 2009 at 7:25 am
    Quote:
    I use a 1280 x 800 which by sure coincidence just fits a 1000px wide photoshop window and tools in the same screen. Thus this makes designing the majority of my sites easier.

Yes this a good point in big screen no need to scroll horizontal or vertical to see the psd at 100% zoom. it means Widescreen monitor is good for design.

# July 15, 2009 at 4:01 pm

I use both LCD and TFT, and to be honest in my opinion it all comes down to personal preference. The technical difference is not easily noticeable however I would recommend LCD just because I have had more experience with them.

# July 19, 2009 at 9:43 pm

I have this monitor and absolutely LOVE it. Probably one of the best monitors I’ve ever bought next to an Apple Cinema I bought a couple years back.

# September 11, 2009 at 1:43 pm

I would probably use an LCD if you are doing design. I mean, what you design will look a little different on virtually every any other screen, but the majority of the world is now using LCD so it will be relatively accurate.

# July 9, 2010 at 6:54 am

well off course LCD because I have been working on last two years , It is awesome to work with. Even I have had experience to used TFT but I was little disappoint with work it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".