Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

Which php editor do you recommend for windows?

• # December 4, 2010 at 3:52 am

Please recommend a php editor for windows.

# December 4, 2010 at 8:05 am

My personal choice is Aptana Studio

# December 4, 2010 at 10:17 am

If you are looking for an open source one, you can go for Netbeans. Its pretty good and I use it so am saying from experience.

# December 5, 2010 at 9:43 am

Id say Notepad++ it is… I like it versatility. Its helps you learn the markups as it doesnt spoon feed you.

Rob
    # December 6, 2010 at 3:37 am

I use Notepad++ but I like Eclipse and Netbeans I know is good, just not had chance to try it yet… :)

# December 6, 2010 at 11:47 am

My recommendation is phpDesigner 7.

# December 6, 2010 at 2:57 pm

phpDesigner is pretty good, full ftp support for editing directly on the server.
    It also has live error checking of code because it runs php in the background. Pretty good for incase you mis a semi-colon on the end of a line.

Shame you have to pay for the newest version though, I think the older version is free.

# December 7, 2010 at 4:25 pm

I also use notepad++, and love it. I’m thinking about trying Aptana and Eclipse in future, but right now npp is meeting all my needs wonderfully. If you do decide to go with it, then be sure to look into the plugins. There are a ton, and they can be really helpful!

# December 28, 2010 at 8:33 am

Based on suggestions received here, I’ve been using notepad++ for writing php, html and css. There is one thing I wanted to ask to anybody who can help -

Hitting the shortcut key Ctrl+Shift+Q in a .php file opened in notepad++ always comments out the selected code in this style.

/* code here */

The above style is applied by the notepad++ even if I hit the shortcut key in html codes which are outside < ?php ?>. Is there a way by which I can comment out the html code using a shortcut key in the html style in the .php file.

# December 28, 2010 at 3:57 pm

Not that I have found.

Best bet is to record a Macro, save it, and then create a short-cut for it. I just tried it and it works well.

Just record: ‘HOME’ <!– ‘END’ –> That will comment out the single line (not the paragraph)

Record another brave macro to delete the first 4 characters and the last 3 and your set!

# December 28, 2010 at 5:12 pm

@clokey2k….thanks for the idea…..i’ll give it a try

# February 14, 2011 at 6:43 am

I use free Portable PHP IDE Codelobster PHP Edition.

It have all possibilities like requiring payment IDE, but it really smaller and faster.
    It have pleasant interface and plugins for all most popular frameworks.
    Especially i like CSS inspector which shows all styles belonging to
    selected element which can be edited at once in proper CSS file.

# February 14, 2011 at 6:52 am

Give CodeLobster a try. I use that all day every day.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".