Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

Which open source is better for CMS?

• # June 16, 2009 at 10:12 am

I want to launch a webstore on martial arts supplies, I have hired one programmer for that and he is going to create site on php platform. I need to know from the community which open source will be better for CMS joomla or drupal? Or is there something more? Please suggest me. Actually I don’t have experience on this kind of thing, just need an online store which functions well.

# June 30, 2009 at 2:01 pm

How many products are you selling? How are you planning on making updates? How proficient are you in basic web platforms or even basic HTML? What kind of merchant services will you be employing?

There are a ton of questions you need to answer before you can get a real solid grasp of what solution to use. Most people will probably agree that Drupal has more capability, but the learning curve is like climbing a teflon wall.

Honestly, I might try looking into Magneto because it’s both a CMS and a cart solution in one. I haven’t used it personally but I’ve heard good things.

# July 13, 2009 at 8:34 am

hai,

To my knowledge it seems that drupal is the best CMS to bulit the Community site as the module named "ubercart" handles extensive products and it is ease to use and more efficient in payment integration.

Thanks
    Balaji

Drupal Developers, Drupal Web Developers India
    Drupal CMS Development
    Drupal Module Development

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".