Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Which fonts are best to use for heading tags?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    bancom
    Participant

Hi Guys I have always been concerned that I might be using font styles that are not suitable for heading tags i.e. <h1> <h2> <h3> <h4>.

What do you all use?

Is there rule like using serif or sans serif etc

Be great to know what people think as I think that typography is very important in web design.

Simon

Rob MacKay
    Participant

I would put my site header in <h1> then my news posts in <h2> – I rarely use much else.

SEO wise, its good to use them in this way as google (other search engines are avalible) will be looking at it like that.

Heres a good guide…

http://www.seomoz.org/blog/the-web-deve … heat-sheet

Fonts wise – if my Header tag is isnt turned into an image, then I like a clean font that is in one of the recomended families :) – other than that its down to your creative ideas…

Personally I prefer to make my headings easy to read and simple, if I want them to look cool/eye catching I will use a graphic. For simple text I use simple cleans fonts usually, Calibri,Arial,Helvetica,Sans-Serif; I find this gives a nice outcome. It does vary on the content of the page though…

plin25

Personally, I like to use Garamond with a normal font-weight for h# tags, but unfortunately it’s not a universal font.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.