Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Which ecommerce system to pic?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    ninedaysoff

Hey guys,

I’m wondering which ecommerce system to pic. As time is a crucial factor (as always, right) and I never had any cntact with an ecommerce site there are a few requirements (Also I’m not a noob to PHP but my past experience was modifying existing stuff. ):

1. Safety
    Big Systems just make chances bigger that more people will know how to hack your site, right?

2. Easily write Templates
    I’m very accustomed to how Templates connect to content in WordPress. Something similar would make it easier to get things going.

3. Good SEO
    I guess as long as we have speaking URLs everything we should be okay

4. Styleable Admin Area
    Not really a requirement but would be nice to be able to do that.

So is there a system that would fit my needs? Anyone has any experience and be able to easily recommend something? Any information apprecheated!

ninedaysoff

Come on guys, there must be someone who got in touch with an ecommerce system.

Meanwhile this could maybe fire up some opinions:

I’ve looked into several other places/forums and read a few tests available online. Somehow Magento appears to run very strong (at least in us countries I suppose). http://www.magentocommerce.com/
    With it’s biggest advantages as I can recall: SEO, feature rich and unlike other systems with a seemingly well built documentation on Magento’s homepage. There’s a section aimed at designers on of to step into building layouts for Magento.
    http://www.magentocommerce.com/design_guide
    There’s also a user guide book I haven’t taken a look at yet. But all in all their website very much gives the impression of finding help or thoroughly written information when needed.

Wether this might turn out not to be the smartest shop, since I’m pretty much lost in this topic withouth experience, or not – I guess I’d finally stick with Magento. Other systems might be great but Magento’s big advantage is their site truely built as an attractive chance to find information.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.