Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Which css editor do you recommend for windows?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    daredanger
    Participant

Please recommend a css editor for windows.

For windows, you can go for the Microsoft Expression Studio. It is pretty good with auto complete features for CSS and validity checks etc. Other than that, you have Dreamweaver.

ozee

There is also notepad ++ and a number of other ones as well, notepad ++ is very popular and has support for plugins. Best of all, it’s free! :)

soap
    Participant

Dreamweaverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

soap
    Participant

I like Dreamweaver for its plugins and the site organization.

daredanger
    Participant

http://notepad-plus-plus.org/ says that
    Notepad++ is a free (as in “free speech” and also as in “free beer”) source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages.

I’m concerned that if I install Notepad++ to give it a try, my Notepad in Windows will stop working because as the said site says Notepad++ is a Notepad replacement. Additionally suppose I want to uninstall Notpad++ will my Notepad start working again?

ozee

It is a notepad replacement, as in, it replaces the need for it, the software cannot uninstall windows notepad to install itself. It can make itself default if you want it too. But no, it will not disable notepad.

jcrp

If you want a free one but still dont wanna compromise on quality then Notepad++ it is. Do not worry about the auto complete feature. Just like Dreamweaver Ctrl+Space will give you everything that you need. I use it for my everyday work.

http://www.mediamilan.com

shick11sp

My favorite (Sublime Text) seems to be relatively unknown, but is fairly powerful, light, and has support for Zen Coding.

I also like the feel of Intype, but current development is up in the air, so I keep an eye open for updates, but until it finally leaves beta, it’s probably not the way to go.

clod
    Participant

Codelobster rocks as free CSS, PHP and HTML editor.

jamygolden

Definitely Sublime Text 2.

@shick11sp
    I think it will become very popular quite soon.

snillor

I prefer HTMLKit (an unfortunate name, because you’d think it doesn’t do CSS, but it does). Free, customizable, and easy to use. Typically I’ll have both my HTML file(s) and my CSS file(s) open at the same time, making it easy to add a class or ID and immediately style it.

TheDoc

Still using Sublime Text 2 for Windows.

Mac has better editors than windows, but that being said, I still use Sublime Text 2.

shick11sp

@jamy_za it’s finally close to version 1 intype, after several years without an update. the new version is pretty nice, but my editor of choice is still sublime text 2

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.