Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Which CMS? Need some custom fields me thinks…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    keithdevon

Hi guys,

I’ve just won a contract to do a web site for an arts organisation. There’s no doubt that this one is out of my comfort zone but I’m relishing the challenge!

Here are the requested features:

User friendly content management system
      Changing images on home page
      Online application form for Annual Exhibition
      Application database created from online applications
      Online payment for applications
      Profile pages for members, council and diploma collection artists
      News & Events posts
      Clickable images which activate larger versions with descriptions
      Map of collection drop off points
      Downloadable items such as: press releases, conditions of entry, education programme, prizes, etc.
      Online exhibition
      Events calendar[/list:u]

I’d be happy to use WordPress for 90% of this but there are a few features that would prove difficult for me.

There are lots of artists associated with the orgainisation. A members page will be required for over 50 members. This page will include a bio and some images of their work, as well as a link to their home page.

Ideally, I need a database to be created using a simple form, so that the organisation can add and edit all of the content easily. I then need to be able to create lists of links to those members, classified by their association.

Will this be possible in WordPress? Can I use a plug-in (like flutter/pods/more fields) or do I need a different CMS entirely?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.