Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Which CMS do you use?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    wmwood
    Participant

With all the rush about making our websites easier and easier to edit, I have often wondered what CMS’s other designers use for their clients.

Currently I use CMSFromScratch. – Open-Source, White-Labeled, Simple, and Easy.

So fellow designers and developers what do you use for CMS?

pab

I’ve been using Cushy for my clients.

Donna

There is a lot of good discussion about this at the following link:

http://forums.freelanceswitch.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=131

– Donna

I use Textpattern, joomla and now wordpress. ive been wanting to use cushy but all the plugins for wordpress make pretty much anything possible and i just havent had time or a need for it yet.

koewnet

I’m interested to read how good the security issues are on the different systems. Anyone ever had any trouble, or have had pages with injectet scripts?

ThinkSoJoE

I used to use e107 (and still do for some projects), but had actually been using PHPBB recently to handle user registrations and data as well as my forums and building my database driven content around that. Since the upgrade to PHPBB3, they changed the way users and sessions are logged in, so I started building my own. I got the user data and all that set up right, complete with privileges, but got stuck designing the forums properly so I put that project aside. My question for you guys is, do you recommend using a CMS, or should I stick with designing my own?

I often use Joomla, despite being a little clunky here and there, there are loads of components that can tailor it into quite a specific use to suit your clients requirements.

For example I’ve used it to build sites with functionalities like Product Reviews and Real Estate Management, with the help of commercial components.

I’d love to know if there are other CMSs with similar capabilities, Drupal appears to be pretty extendable but tends to require some hardcore coding knowledge to get there!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.