Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Where can I learn how to achieve this effect?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    akurtula
    Participant

hi

on this website: http://www.beautifulexplorer.com/main.html

when you hover over the images you get a circular animation, also the (middle) camera icon scales larger
    I seen this on a video game and now here

hope you could give me some suggestions to what I can read (any tutorial) where I could learn to get this effect.

I tried to inspect the effect with firebug, but I can’t seem to make any thing of it.

Hope to could help – thanks

ccc630

Looks like they’re using the canvas element, which I won’t pretend to understand — however, the most recent post on css-tricks.com happens to cover the canvas element. :)

scubasteve
    Participant

actually ccc630 it doesn’t look like he is using canvas if you look at the source. Akurtula i think he’s just using hover states to trigger css3 transitions and transformations, the rotation and opacity ones to be exact. Does that help.

scubasteve
    Participant

my apologies he does seem to be using canvas. however you could still do it with transitions and transformations.

furrball1383

my question would be – ‘Is using the canvas to create the effect better or would simple transitions be just as good because I have no clue about the canvas and after viewing the latest snake example i have maybe 5% of a clue :P

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.