Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other where can I get a xcode version which would work on mac os 10.6.8

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    akurtula
    Participant

Hi

I want to start playing with developing iphone applications, and I believe the only program which might allow me to do that is Xcode.
    The latest version of Xcode can’t be installed on mac os 10.6.8. So which version do I need for this mac os version and where can I download it from. From my research I think Xcode 3.2.6 would work, but if that is the case, do you know where I can download it from, as I keep hitting dead ends?

Also should I upgrade my mac to 10.8 – is it worth it; and (I am new to mac) would I have to backup all my files and applications. Basically is it like upgrading from xp to windows 7 – so everything would be deleted, and is it as easy to do

Thanks

Senff
    Participant

http://connect.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MemberSite.woa/wa/getSoftware?bundleID=20792

Though I would recommend to upgrade to Lion, it has some nice new features and it’s fairly cheap (30 bucks I think)?

Upgrading should preserve all your files, it is not as big of an upgrade like XP to Win7. Though, there’s always the odd chance that something might go wrong, so better to back up before you do anything anyway.

akurtula
    Participant

thanks, How about my programs – would I need to re-install them?

Senff
    Participant

If everything goes well….no.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.