Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other When to use WordPress and when to not.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I haven’t designed for wordpress yet, and I dont know too much about it actually.(Of course, I’ll be watching Chris’ videos soon).

I like designing a website with CSS and photoshop and there is the site. But for all this CMS hooplah and rave, I can’t help but wonder how much easier would having a website for a client in wordpress be. Also, I can see where it could be overkill, then again, it may not be at all, since like I said earlier, I dont know much about it.

So, here’s what I’d like to know…
    :oops:

When and when not’s to use WordPress vs. just strandard htmlcss website.

ThinkSoJoE

Wordpress is actually pretty good for pretty much anything if you need a website with dynamic content. I just posted my web design portfolio and realized that every site I run, save for one, is done with WordPress, and I’m taking a break from another as I type this. Other than sharing a similar header-body-sidebar-footer scheme (by design choice), the sites are all unique and have different functionality. To answer your question though, I’d think after you learn how to design for WordPress, you’ll probably be able to figure out what you want to do on a case-by-case basis.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.