Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other What's your coding jam?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    nixnerd
    Participant

What is your favorite song to code to right now? I actually have two right now.

1. Daft Punk – Technologic (F.O.O.L Remix)
    2. Dawn of Midi – Algol (Dysnomia)

Dawn of Midi in general REALLY helps me focus.

__
    Participant

Been listening to classical music again lately. Also Classic rock, Rammstein.

Senff
    Participant
    TheDoc

I’ve been rolling the new Arcade Fire album.

nixnerd
    Participant

@Traq, I think this would technically be the Romantic Era, but I’m going to guess you’re a fan of Tchaikovsky. No idea why… I just know.

@Senff… that is absolutely awesome. You’ve definitely put some thought into this.

@TheDoc, I’m glad you have tunes that work for you. For whatever reason, I need really really upbeat music to keep me going. No idea why. I NEVER listened to electronic music prior to about 3 years ago when I started delving back into code.

nixnerd
    Participant

I just lifted this from @Senff’s site:

Don’t get me started on Arcade Fire, Coldplay or Muse. Really.

Ha ha ha. I kind of like Muse.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m very new to CSS but I’ve noticed how many songs stand out while working with CSS. Some I’ve heard are: “Code As Ice” by Foreigner, “Code Shot” by Stevie Ray Vaughan, “Funky Code Medina” by Tone-Loc, “She’s So Code” by The Rolling Stones, “Code Sweat” by James Brown, “Code Hearted” by Paula Abdul, “Early Morning Code Taxi” by The Who, “Stone Code” by Rainbow, “So Code” by Breaking Benjamin, and my personal favorite around Christmastime was “Baby, It’s Code Outside” by Dean Martin.
    ;)

__
    Participant

…I’m going to guess you’re a fan of Tchaikovsky. No idea why… I just know.

Chopin is actually my overall favorite. Mozart and Pachelbel are close behind.

nixnerd
    Participant

Chopin is easily my favorite as well. Franz Liszt would be a close second. At night I roll with the nocturnes for obvious reasons.

nixnerd
    Participant

@michael1961 Yes… those are all classics. I cut my teeth on “Funky Code Medina.”

On another note, I once worked with a guy who truly had a gift for remixing the word “bro” and referring to his friends with really exotic amalgamated nicknames.

My personal favorite: “Broseph Stalin and the Broletariat.”

__
    Participant

…I’m going to guess you’re a fan of Tchaikovsky. No idea why… I just know.

Actually, upon reflection, I can understand why you might think that. I’ll take it as a compliment.

A bit too lively for my coding tastes, though. (Odd how I go straight from the nocturnes to Rammstien.)

nixnerd
    Participant

I don’t really think the two songs I posted go together at all. But… they do keep my brain moving if that makes sense.

nixnerd
    Participant

Sorry to resurrect. This is the ****ing jam:

alt-J – Fitzpleasure

nixnerd
    Participant

That drop is HOT!

nixnerd
    Participant

alt-J is incredible.

They really are. I heard that song for the first time on the Nokia Lumia commercial and it spoke to me. Had to have it on my playlist.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 64 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.