Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other What’s the skinny with Dribbble?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    JoshWhite

Seen a lot of people mention it but I’m curious if people who use it feel like it’s totally worth trying to become a member or if it’s just “meh”?

If you are a designer, then absolutely.

Kitty Giraudel
    Participant

Dribbble is design community. It can be a wonderful source of inspiration.

However [Dribbble isn’t a place for critique](http://davidnbrooks.com/journal/dribbble-and-criticism). So don’t expect people to give you interesting feedback on your work, in most cases it won’t happen. I guess it’s great if you want positive feedbacks to flatter your ego.

Paulie_D

>I guess it’s great if you want positive feedbacks to flatter your ego.

Sort of like Flickr is for photographers. :)

Kitty Giraudel
    Participant

I’m not very familiar with Flickr, but for what I’ve seen from it, it’s kind of the same deal yes.

chrisburton
    Participant

Some people get very hostile when receiving critique on Dribbble. It’s ridiculous.

@JoshWhite
    It’s beneficial in the sense that it will give you more exposure.

Kitty Giraudel
    Participant

> Some people get very hostile when receiving critique on Dribbble. It’s ridiculous.

Some people get very hostile when receiving critique. It’s not specific to Dribbble.

However most people don’t even bother criticize on Dribbble, yes. It’s hardly go any further than *”Whoa, amazing! Love the details.”*.

chrisburton
    Participant

I receive constructive feedback from those I keep in close contact with so I don’t have an issue on that part.

It’s hardly go any further than “Whoa, amazing! Love the details.”.

Ha. I see a lot of comments such as “Fresh!” or “Sick!”. However, it appears those who put forth an effort into commenting, receives the same. Just look at Claire Coullon’s shots (http://dribbble.com/op45). Then again, it all depends on who takes critique negatively rather than constructively. Granted that there are the occasional individuals who try to bring others down with unnecessary comments.

Actually, if you ask for critique, Dribbble can be a great place to get it. I think you will find that most people don’t ask for it though.

chrisburton
    Participant

It can be a wonderful source of inspiration.

Lately it’s been a really big resource for others to infringe on copyrighted artwork. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve read stories about people finding their work on apparel and other items.

Alen
    Participant

This is a huge problem in all creative fields. @chrisburton

http://stopstealingphotos.tumblr.com/

chrisburton
    Participant

@AlenAbdula Unfortunately.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.