Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other What plugins/snippets do you use for Related Posts/Polls?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    cre8tive1

Hi all,

I’m slowing working at improving my web site and would like to add a "related posts" feature to the bottom of each blog post. There are a bunch of plug-ins out there, so many it’s hard to choose. Ideally, I would like one that reads 1 to 3 tags from the post. Maybe there is even a code snippet for this instead of a plug-in. I thought I had seen one here or over on DIWP.com but I cannot locate anything now.

Second, I would like to add polls to the web site as well. I’ve found it very handy in the past to see what clients want in an anonymous environment. Here again, a snippet or plug-in recommendation would be great.

Thanks to all,

jr

TheDoc

What do you mean when you say "1-3 tags from the post"? What are you looking at displaying? Something like:

Recent Posts:

This is a title
    09/12/2009 / Category

Tag tag tag

This is a title

09/11/2009 / Category

Tag tag tag

OR

Recent Posts:

This is a title
    09/12/2009 / Category

Short little description with a link to read more…

This is a title

09/11/2009 / Category

Short little description with a link to read more…

cre8tive1

I’m looking for RELATED, not recent posts. When I write a blog post I add Tags, or related keywords, to the post.

Below the post I would like a list of Blog Post Titles that are somehow related, just like is used here at CSS-Tricks.com. Ideally, I would like the query to look for posts with similar Tags in them.

For example:

Current blog post with title: "Graphic Design for Vacation Rentals in Florida"
    Tags added to this post: graphic design, vacation rentals, Florida

Related Posts listed below: 5 blog post titles display that have any of the tags: graphic design, vacation rentals, or florida

I hope this makes sense. I was sure I had already seen something like this posted as a snippet. I just cannot find it any longer.

Thanks,

jr

TheDoc

Ah, sorry about that, totally misread the title.

I haven’t used any plugins for that, myself.

synn

Here you go plugin for related post : http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wor … ts-plugin/

and here is thelink for Wp-polls: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-polls/

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.