Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other What music player do you keep handy while coding?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    JohnMotylJr
    Participant

I had just done a clean install on my computer, organization again!!! While a portion of people here use Mac (iTunes) what are some good mp3 players to get for your laptop.

I am always listening to some tunes and i just don’t want to go back to my old setup. Anything fresh and new (windows compatible) out there?

JohnMotylJr
    Participant

@amyth91
    Thanks, i think i used winamp back in the day. Ill have to give it a look, im sure its changed some since the days of XP.

TheDoc

Using iTunes on Windows and Mac.

For online music playing (to find new music) I enjoy 8tracks and hypemachine.

JohnMotylJr
    Participant

@TheDoc,

Again, keepin at it.. Thanks, im going to check those out, it seems that Pandora plays the same songs over..and over…and over..

JohnMotylJr
    Participant

@TheDoc,

So im checking out that 8tracks and came across this playlist. Tell me, that woman is either a professional runner or looks retarded running (ironically) super hot running..

Reference: http://8tracks.com/nicolelise/fucking-run

Anonymous
    Inactive

I like to use Google Music myself. I have all my music stored on my Home PC, so for the sake on convenience I upload my favorite albums to Google Music and listen using the fantastic web app on any computer. Also works out well because I’m an avid user of Android phones. I literally have my music with me no matter what. :)

JohnMotylJr
    Participant

Ok, yeah i had read something about this before, is it called Music + or just Google Music?

Anonymous
    Inactive

It’s just called Google Music I believe.

JohnMotylJr
    Participant

Cool, thanks.

jamygolden

I use Rhythmbox too. I like Winamp on Windows and I’d probably also use it on OSx if it had last.fm scrobble support (Yes, there is Winamp beta for mac :p ) – Since it doesn’t, I use iTunes but it kind of annoys me.
    Windows: Winamp
    OSx: iTunes
    Linux: Rhythmbox

JohnMotylJr
    Participant

So i have actually started using last.fm plugin for chrome which can be found here: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/bbncpldmanoknoahidbgmkgobgmhnafh

So far, its pretty nice, a little buggy, but im sure that will be fixed soon. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.