Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other What is your favorite coding environment?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    nixnerd
    Participant

I’ve never been a huge IDE guy. Not for any particular reason… just doesn’t work for me.

I prefer something a little more lightweight. So, for the longest time, I was just banging out code in gedit (default Gnome text editor).

However, I just recently discovered Sublime Text 2. Wow… I’m in love. Distraction free mode is awesome! I also love the bird’s eye view of all my code. The color schemes are great and I love that I can hide/expand code based on tags.

It has WAY more features than a plain ol’ text editor but it’s way more lightweight than an IDE.

So, what does everyone else use? What’s your favorite and why?

chrisburton
    Participant

There are numerous discussions on this topic if you do a quick search. I would say most people here use ST2.

CrocoDillon
    Participant

I’m using Zend Studio 10, mostly because of the PHP features. I’ve been using PDT before, which is free and also based on Eclipse. Grew up with Eclipse for Java so kinda used to it, but it’s definitely not lightweight. If I want some minor html, css or js done fast I use Notepad++.

TheDoc

Just going to close this one down since we have so many of these threads already. Feel free to contribute to one of the other threads!

https://css-tricks.com/search-results/forums/?q=fav+text+editor

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘What is your favorite coding environment?’ is closed to new replies.