Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS What is a CDN?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    shamai

im not fully sure what a CDN is, but it sounds like some sort of Cache service to load my site faster.

But does this mean that if my site is cached my users won’t get the updates I post right away?
    Right now I’m in middle of making my site, closed to finished.
    I keep changing my css and some stuff. I enabled cloud flare because my hosting has it and I decided why not.
    Should I shut it off until the site is finished?

CloudFlare caches your site, so yes, you should turn it off until you are done, otherwise the changes won’t be reflected for a couple of days.

shamai

thanks

ok i took it off
    so is that the same for all wp cache plugins also? -they do the same sort of things?

so dynamic content pages doesn’t get cached I mean… otherwise no new posts would show up and that would suck

“I keep changing my css and some stuff. I enabled cloud flare because my hosting has it and I decided why not.”

You only need to worry about this when you’re making changes to the static content on your site (dynamic updates are not impacted). If you need to make changes on your site right that need to appear right away, then you can go to Development Mode to bypass the cache while you work on the site (settings->development mode).

shamai

@damoncloudflare

I don’t see these settings? is this part of a plugin that i don’t have? a wordpress cloud flare plugin or some other cache plugin?

also if I am using cloud flare is it still good to have a cache plugin like w3 cache or no

Hi,

You can find Development Mode in your CloudFlare account (settings->development mode).

also if I am using cloud flare is it still good to have a cache plugin like w3 cache or no “

Sure. No conflict at all with W3TC at all.

Note: You can see Development Mode settings with this blog post: http://blog.cloudflare.com/check-out-cloudflares-new-beta-ui

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.