Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other What editors do you use?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    ikthius

Hey Everyone,

Just thought I would ask what Editor software you guys use.

I use Edit Plus http://www.editplus.com/ which has been very good, I like the colour of the syntax which highlights problems, and I like how you can tweak your template so that when you load say a new HTML document it already has most of the syntax you may want.

but I feel it is not doing what I would like it to do and that is, if I open up any tag I want it to close it
    e.g.
    <p>
    </p>

what editor do you guys use and why do you like them?

links to any free software appreciated so I can try

Jonz

As of reciently I’ve been using WordPad, HTMLkit, Dreamweaver CS4 Beta. When I get my iMac at the end of the month hopefully I will be buying Coda (after I try it out of course I’ve heard alot of good things about it but never tried it out).

I’m going to be trying out NotePad++ from source forge

uba

I use Notepad++, Visual Web Developer and Expression Web and all three of them offer the code collapse functionality you are looking for.

ScottMacD
    "uba" wrote:
    I use Notepad++, Visual Web Developer and Expression Web and all three of them offer the code collapse functionality you are looking for.

Heyyy i use Notepad++ , but i cant get the code collapse to work, i’ve played about in the settings , but still no success?

Any ideas?

uba

@ScottMacD I am using the 5.0.3 version and the code collapse is on by default but make sure that you have any language selected from the Languages menu that is other than Normal.

@ikthius
    Well Notepad++ does not offer auto tag completion but it does offer some amount of word completion when your language is selected to something like PHP, JavaScript or CSS. But the other two tools that I mentioned do offer the best code editing functionality I have seen and Visual Web Developer Express Edition is free as well.

ScottMacD

@uba

Aww i have the code collapse thing, i thought thats what you were calling the "auto close" thing sorta what dreamweaver has , my fault.

Thanks anyway

lowell

textmate. nothing increases productivity more than its bundles. nothing.

GXT

I use smultron… very good and free :!:

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.